Monday 23 August 2021

Did this person become a member of Manchester A.S.?

 

Manchester Evening Press Thursday 3rd April 1958


For a long time I have been trying to get a telescope. Unfortunately, all the firms I have written to, including American ones, require a big deposit, which I cannot afford. Do please try to help me, I love astronomy but its not much good without a telescope. S.R.P Manchester 19

Why not join the Manchester Astronomical Society, which has the use of the Godlee Observatory on certain nights? This contains an 8 inch refractor with a 6 inch Star Field camera attached and a 12 inch reflector on the same mounting. Visits to other observatories and places of astronomical interest are arranged and there is an extensive library.

Mr S .W. R. Mottran of 30 Hartington Road, Chorlton-cum-Hardy, Manchester 21, one of the joint honorary secretaries would give you further particulars.

No comments:

Post a Comment