Thursday 28 April 2016

Astrognome Scrapbook gene Shoemaker

Gene Shoemaker  the Founder of Astrogeology

Gene Shoemaker born in Los Angeles, California on April 28th 1928 brought together geologic principles to the mapping of planets, resulting in more than 3 decades of discoveries about the planets and asteroids of the Solar System.



He almost single-handedly created planetary science as a discipline distinct from astronomy. He explored ancient parts of the earth for records of meteorite and comet impacts, resulting in the discovery of a number of new craters. He was the Founder of Astrogeology.



Working with his wife Carolyn and David Levy he discovered Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 which in 1994 crashed into Jupiter.


Gene Shoemaker died Friday, July 18th , 1997 in Alice Springs, Australia in a car accident.

4 comments:

  1. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff...I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work.
    car wreckers launceston
    cash for unwanted cars launceston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job.
    Sell My Car Wollongong

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful blog post. This is absolute magic from you! I have never seen a more wonderful post than this one. You've really made my day today with this. I hope you keep this up!
    srcap car removal
    car scrappers brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  4. good blog always comes-up with new and exciting information and while reading I have feel that this blog is really have all those quality that qualify a blog to be a one
    car for cars gympie
    car removal gympie

    ReplyDelete